The Caribbean edition of The Career Key has been produced by CHOICES Career Advice, publishers of CHOICES Magazine, for several years.
The Career Key is a professional measure used with a variety of groups – secondary/high schools and college students as well as adults – in career counseling and career guidance programmes and workshops.
Using The Career Key, individuals assess their resemblance to Holland’s 6 personality types – realistic, investigative, artistic, social, enterprising and conventional - and identify their most promising career options.
It takes approximately 20 - 30 minutes to complete, scoring is part of the process and the result of the test is available immediately. Numerous studies over the past 15 years support its reliability, validity and helpfulness.
Its content has been modified especially for the Caribbean region and it is now being used in schools in Jamaica with markets developing in the wider Caribbean region also.
Using The Career Key will help the user to determine their personality type and thus understand what would be a good, satisfying career for them.
Such career exploration will also help in laying a sound educational path with specific goals in mind and in helping to develop a clearer view of yourself, what is important to you and the jobs that suit you best.
The publication is particularly recommended for students entering secondary school, those in 9th grade (3rd form) who will be choosing the subjects which they will do at examination level and also those at 5th/6th form level or those about to move from secondary to tertiary.
Guidance/career counsellors who use The Career Key will also be able to organise their school career talks with specific careers in mind knowing that they will be most beneficial to their students.
You may order copies of The Career Key by calling CHOICES Career Advice at 876-803-2007 and 876-306-2204 or by emailing. You may also use the form on our contact us page.
Features of The Career Key™
- Recommended by the American School Counseling Association, the National Career Development Association, USAToday, PCWorld, and Yahoo.com
- Meets the needs of professional educators, counsellors, and trainers who require a test with proven reliability, validity, and positive effects -- more than 15 years of research and field testing;
- A unique system for helping individuals identify suitable occupations, training programs, and college majors;
- Popular among students and adults.
- Fast: it takes one-fourth the time required to complete as other instruments;
- Based on the career theory most used by professional career counselors;
- Chosen by more than 30 US states -- such as Utah (utahmentor.org) and North Carolina (cfnc.org and nccareers.org) -- and organizations like The Princeton Review™.
*The Career Key was created by Dr. Lawrence Jones, Professor Emeritus of North Carolina State University, in an effort to guide individuals towards careers best suited to their personality types. Lawrence Jones is also President, of Career Key, Inc. He earned his Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and has authored more than 50 publications in the career field, most recently the Encyclopedia of Career Change and Work Issues and Job Skills for the 21st Century. He is a National Certified Counselor and recently received the Professional Development Award from the American Counseling Association. Contact him at: <firstname.lastname@example.org>